Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October Meeting

I would like to welcome everyone to join us for this month's meeting this Saturday, October 24th at 1pm in Lab 3.  This month we are going to do a "hands on" lab.  We have shown you how to use a flash drive as a hard drive when booting from a Linux CD.  For this lab, we are going to make it possible to boot from the flash drive.  Everybody will get the opportunity to do this lab.  I will be making LiveCDs and passing out flash drives so that everyone gets do so something this month besides sit and watch me fail miserably.  Actually, I did get the router to work and will bring it in for a real quick run down of the new functions and talk about the fix.  Since I have to make sure that I have enough flash drives and CDs for the meeting, I would appreciate it if you could send me an email at kenduncanjr@gmail.com and let me know if you plan to attend.  I will still try to have extras in case you don't get a chance to email me, but it will help.

BIG NEWS!!!!!
We are still having the food drive until the end of the month and I have to embarrassingly announce that the IT barrel in the LRC is COMPLETELY EMPTY.  We have not received ANY donations and the other departments are winning the drive. So in order to fill the barrel we are going to have a give-away at this months meeting. For every piece of nonperishable food item that you bring in, you will get your name entered in a drawing. So if you bring in 2 items, you get 2 entries.  If you bring in 20 items, you get 20 entries! As for Ramen Noodles, they are acceptable, but one case will equal one ticket.  At the end of the meeting, we will draw a name from the entries and the winner will get a 16GB flash drive. So check your cupboards, ask your neighbors, do what ever it takes to fill our barrel and bring the IT department to the front of this competition for a great cause.  

Thank you for all your help with the food drive. I hope to see all of you for another fun filled meeting.

 

3 comments:

  1. That's would be a great news for all the lovers of course it's a good post over and all.
    I am willing for certification in handling data base. I'd like to go for Oracle.
    Allvira,
    pass-guaranteed.com reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. <a href="https://techfranks.com/xender-for-pc/>xender for pc</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. <a href="https://techfranks.com/shareit-for-pc/>shareit for pc</a>

    ReplyDelete